The Wilds Professional Staff is always eager to answer any questions that you may have; we also welcome your comments or suggestions. Here are answers to our most commonly asked questions:
What will the homeowners association do for me?
- The Wilds Homeowner's Association operated by Community Development, Inc, preserves the neighborhood integrity by maintaining the common areas such as the gorgeous north and south entry waterfalls, the tree lined parkway, and the wild grass landscaped center islands. The Association reviews architectural plans to ensure the highest esthetic quality in each neighborhood. Trash removal is also included.
What does The Wilds Golf Club offer to me (a homeowner in the association)?
- As a resident of The Wilds Homeowner Association, you are eligible to enroll for our Homeowner Club Card. There are several other very appealing packages available to choose from.
What is The Wilds planned golf community?
- The Wilds is a planned community that's built around one of the top 10 new public golf courses in the United States. It's nestled in a pristine setting of hills, lakes, and trees and offers a stunning view of the Minneapolis skyline. We have The Wilds Clubhouse, with its restaurant and Golf Shop, groomed parks, and walking paths. For additional information, please contact Shamrock Companies.
How do I get to The Wilds?
- Directions from downtown Minneapolis: Go South on 35W; West on County 42; South on County 83 about 1/4 mile; East on Wilds Parkway.
- Directions from 169: South on 169 (8 miles south of Interstate 494); South on County 83; East on Wilds Parkway.
- If you are from out of the area, please use our online map to find The Wilds!
Who designed "Minnesota's Crown Jewel"?
- The Wilds Golf Course was designed by Tom Weiskopf and Jay Morrish. The Wilds has 150-foot elevation changes, water in play on nearly half of the holes, and over 70 strategically placed bunkers. Stretching up to 7,028 yards from the Weiskopf tees with a slope of 140 and a course rating of 75.7, this tee box is challenging for "scratch" golfers. Making the course playable for golfers of all levels, there are also three other tee boxes to choose from with generously wide fairways.
How is the course ranked?
- "Minnesota's #1 Public Course" GOLF DIGEST, 1998 - GOLF MAGAZINE, 1998 - MINNESOTA GOLFING INSIDER, 1996, 1997, 1998
- "The Best New Course" THE GOLFER, 1996
- "Top 10 New Golf Courses in the Country" GOLF MAGAZINE, February 1996
- "Rated #56 Public Course Nationally" GOLF MAGAZINE, 2001
- "Rated #4 New Upscale Course Nationally" GOLF DIGEST, 1996
What does The Wilds Clubhouse have to offer?
- The Wilds Clubhouse, which opened in 1997, offers a spectacular view of the surrounding community and of the eighteenth hole. The facility includes: locker rooms with showers and amenities, a sports bar with three satellite televisions, a bride's room, a Golf shop, a restaurant with many lunch and dinner specials, and a banquet room with a spectacular view of the 18th green. It's the perfect place for family, golf, business, or holiday functions!
What is the difference between owning a home on a public course vs. a private one?
- When you purchase a home in The Wilds, you have no up front high priced initiation fee and the homeowners association fees are much lower than they are on a private course. There are several very appealing homeowners packages available to ensure special privileges for our homeowners.
Are there any shopping malls nearby?
- Burnsville Center is only 9.5 miles away and has 127 stores including Marshall Fields, JC Penney and Sears. Eden Prairie Center, which is 9 miles away, has approximately 50 stores which include Kohl's, Sears, Von Maur and Target. Of course; for the die hard shoppers, or just a fun day at the mall, we have the Mall of America which is only 20 minutes away!